Material Needs Grants, funded by an anonymous donor, support the expenses of supplies and materials for the creation of new art in Worcester County. With this gift, we are able to distribute grants to artists between $500 and $1,500. We plan on exhibiting the work produced in the following exhibition season.
Applications have now closed for this season.
Image: 2014 Material Needs Grant winner Stephanie Chubbuck, Seven Small Pears, blown and cold-worked glass, forged copper
ArtsWorcester invites student artists from area institutions to submit to the 13th Annual College Show. This juried exhibition gives students, regardless of major or degree program, a chance to exhibit their work in a professional gallery. All levels are welcome to submit. First, Second, and Third Prizes, along with up to four Honorable Mentions, will be awarded, with cash prizes.
How to participate:
• Artists must be enrolled in a Worcester-area college or university holding an institutional membership in ArtsWorcester. Participation is free for students from these schools.
• Artists may submit up to three works in the following categories: painting, photography, works on paper, sculpture, mixed media, new media, installation, and crafts.
• All works must meet our general exhibition requirements, and be submitted online to ArtsWorcester’s Submittable account. All standard image, video, and document file formats are accepted.
• All decisions by the juror are final.
• Artists will be contacted by email regarding the outcome of the selection.
• Deadline for submission: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 11:59 PM
• Notifications: by early January, 2017
• Drop-off of accepted works: Thursday, January 19, Friday, January 20, and Saturday, January 21, from 12-4 PM, or by appointment.
• Opening reception: Friday, February 3, 6-8 PM
• Exhibit ends: Friday, March 3
• Pick up of exhibited artworks: Saturday, March 4, Wednesday, March 8, Thursday, March 9, Friday, March 10, from 12-4 PM, or by appointment.
Any questions? Please contact us at 508.755.5142 or email@example.com.