Social Media Intern
ArtsWorcester seeks a social media intern for the 2016-2017 exhibition season (late August 2016 through May/June 2017). This position offers an opportunity for a college student to hone their skills in conceiving, creating, and deploying content for a non-profit arts organization. The intern will learn about project management, marketing, fundraising, and event planning from the Executive Director, Program Manager, and volunteers.
- Helping to develop and implement a social media marketing plan.
- Produce content for digital media platforms for promotional and educational purposes.
- Target and attract new audiences.
- Opportunity for self-initiated projects determined by candidate’s skills and interest.
- Additional assistance with day-to-day operations as needed.
Desired skills and experience
- Majors in public relations, communications, English, journalism, or related fields preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, MailChimp, and Instagram.
- Experience generating ideas and working under minimal guidance.
- Excellent writing skills, including precise attention to grammar and punctuation.
- Working knowledge of photographing events
- Ability to learn quickly and to take initiative.
- Personal warmth and enthusiasm for work in arts.
The position entails roughly 6 hours a week, with some evening events required. Scheduling is flexible (Tuesday through Saturday, between 10 AM and 4 PM).
Academic credit may be available for students in relevant majors. If the selected candidate applies for credit through their university, hours and responsibilities can be shaped around the requirements for their credits.
Please send resume, references, two sample ArtsWorcester Facebook posts, and two sample ArtsWorcester tweets to Juliet Feibel, Executive Director, at juliet “at” artsworcester.org by May 30.