ArtsWorcester seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant to support bookkeeping, membership and donation record-keeping, and business operations. The Assistant reports to the Executive Director, but works closely with the Bookkeeper and Program Manager.
Efficiency, accuracy, and the ability to adjust to change in a fast-paced environment are required. The ideal candidate will bring a desire to learn, to take on greater responsibilities, and the initiative to make suggestions and improvements.
ArtsWorcester, an Equal Opportunity Employer, offers a flexible and joyous work environment in the visual arts. Candidates of color are particularly encouraged to apply. In addition to the professional skills below, candidates should bring a warm, welcoming demeanor, and openness to a diverse and creative clientele.
- Maintain accuracy and consistency of donor, artist, and corporate information in a database, as well as other electronic and paper files.
- Generate a variety of acknowledgment letters and produce donor reports
- Process cash receipts, credit card sales, and check deposits
- Code, process, and record membership, donation, and program income for bookkeeper
- Prepare bank deposits, invoices, and vendor payments
- Provide reception assistance
- Order and inventory office and gallery supplies.
- Other administrative tasks
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Associates degree or above
- 1-3 years’ administrative office experience
- QuickBooks OnLine
- Experience with database or customer management software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for Macintosh
- Demonstrated ability to apply the principles, methods, and best practices of accounting and record-keeping
- Accuracy, precision, and efficiency in all efforts
- Excellent organizational skills
- Punctuality and an ability to meet multiple deadlines independently
- Strong proof-reading skills
- Ability to solve technological and process problems
- Ability to produce and proof-read formal written correspondence
- Previous experience with Filemaker Pro is beneficial, but not required
- Spanish-speaking applicants encouraged to apply.
Compensation: $18-22 hourly, commensurate with experience; approximately 20 hours a week. Scheduling is flexible between 9:00 and 5:00. Occasional evening and weekend events required, approximately 10 times annually. ArtsWorcester employees may (and are encouraged to) participate in regional professional development workshops and trainings.
Please mail a hard-copy cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references by October 20 to
Juliet Feibel, Executive Director
660 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01610