We need a part-time Membership and Database Manager to drive and support all donation and membership operations. This is a fundraising position with strong technical responsibilities. The Manager reports to the Executive Director, but works closely with the Bookkeeper and Program Manager.
For many members, visitors, and donors, the Manager will be the first point of contact with the organization. As a new position in a rapidly-changing organization, it is likely to evolve, and grow. Efficiency, accuracy, and the ability to adjust to change are required. The ideal candidate will bring a desire to learn, to take on greater responsibilities, and the initiative to make suggestions and improvements.
ArtsWorcester, an Equal Opportunity Employer, offers a flexible and joyous work environment in the visual arts. Candidates of color are particularly encouraged to apply. In addition to the professional skills below, candidates should bring a warm, welcoming demeanor, and openness to a diverse and creative clientele.
• Maintain accuracy and consistency of donor, artist, and corporate information in a database, as well as other electronic and paper files.
• Solicit and manage artist memberships, renewals, acknowledgments, and prospects
• Manage donor mailings and thank-you letters
• Track and recognize capital campaign pledges and gifts
• Manage special events and fundraisers
• Assist with corporate solicitations, stewardship and acknowledgment
• Produce and ensure accuracy of regular reports on members and donors for use in decision-making and reconciling financial records
• Code, process, and record membership, donation, and program income for bookkeeper
• Prepare bank deposits, invoices, and vendor payments
• Provide reception assistance
• Other administrative tasks
• Strong technical skills and previous experience with database or customer management software
• Demonstrated ability to apply the principles, methods, and best practices of non-profit fundraising
• Accuracy, precision, and efficiency in all efforts
• Excellent organizational skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Punctuality and an ability to meet multiple deadlines independently
• Ability to solve technological and process problems, both immediate and long-range
• Ability to produce formal written correspondence
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office for Macintosh
• Previous experience with Filemaker Pro and/or QuickBooks is beneficial, but not required
Compensation: $17-22 hourly, commensurate with experience; approximately 20 hours a week. Scheduling is flexible between 9:00 and 5:00. Occasional evening and weekend events required. ArtsWorcester employees may (and are encouraged to) participate in regional professional development workshops and trainings.
Please mail a hard-copy cover letter, resume, and list of three references by May 21 to
Juliet Feibel, Executive Director
660 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01610